Varun Pradip Dave is a well known powerlifter from India. He holds the record of Youngest “Strongman Of Gujarat” at age of 17.
Varun Pradip Dave Biography | Wikipedia
|Real Name||Varun Pradip Dave|
|Nick Name||VD, VPD, Varun Dev|
|Date Of Birth||7 October 2001|
|Age (As In 2021)||19 Years|
|Birthplace||Ahmedabad (Gujarat, India)|
|Height||5 feet 6½ inches OR 169cm OR 1.69m|
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Height||5 feet 6½ inches OR 169 cm OR 1.69m|
|Weight||56Kg OR 121 lbs|
|Home town||Ahmedabad (Gujarat, India)|
|School||St. Xavier’s High school Loyola hall|
|College||Alpha College of engineering and technology|
|Educational Qualification||Diploma and Bachelor’s in Engineering|
|Profession||Powerlifter ,Model, Actor , Tedx speaker|
|Hobbies||Singing, Reading & Writing|
- He was born on 7 October 2001 in a middle class family in Gujarat. Like a middle class family, he was under pressure to pursue his career in the field of doctor and engineer but he went off the list and decided to become a sports man.
- When he was in the fourth grade, he dreamed of winning a medal for his country and at the same time he decided that he would represent his country in the field of sports. So he started playing cricket in the beginning but he was not interested in playing cricket, after that he started playing football and then basketball but he could not succeed. At that time he was criticized by many people that you are not made for sports because your height is short. He was very disappointed due to the criticism of the people. At that time he could not get selected in any sports function of his school, After that he stopped playing sports & he focused all his attention on studies so that he could get admission in a good engineering college.
- When his class 10th vacation was going on, he joined gym and started doing powerlifting. At that time his age was 15 years. He was determined that he wanted to become a sports person, so he started spending 3 to 4 hours daily in the gym. After a few months, his hard work paid off and he was selected in the district tournament & he was going to play state tournaments.
- He could not win a medal in the first 3 tournaments. After that he started working hard and won the gold medal in his fourth tournament. This medal was the first gold medal of his life. This victory boosted his confidence and made him believe that he would win medals for his country at the national level.
- He was selected in the Indian team and won three gold medals in his first national tournament. At that time he was 15 years old. He was very happy at that time & He was wearing these three medals all day. When he was coming back home after this tournament, he saw a dream in which he was representing his country at the international level. At the same time, one of his senior players woke him up and then he heard that some players in the adjacent compartment were talking about the new list of players who were to represent India in the next international tournament. After hearing all this, when he checked that list, he found that his name was also in that list. After some time he got a letter in which it was written that he has to represent his country in the world championship 2017 after next 6 months. After receiving this letter, he focused all his attention on the game for the next six months.
- At that time he had to pay attention to his game along with studies, so he went to college from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm and did tuition from 5:00 pm to 6:30 pm, after that he Started spending time in the gym till 11:00 pm. It was very difficult for him to do all this because at that time he was only 16 years old.
- He won the gold medal in his first World Championship match. During an interview, he told that when his name was announced for the gold medal and when the national anthem was played for him, it was a proud moment for him.
- After this tournament, when he returned to his country, his engineering examinations were going on and at that time he had failed in this examination. He had failed in 3 out of 5 subjects after which he had to stay away from powerlifting for 8 months. After 8 months, he joined the gym again and he lost the next 4 tournaments in a row. After that people started criticizing him again and started saying that this boy won the world championship by mistake. After that he worked hard for next 6 months.
- At that time a state tournament was going to be organized in Gujarat and suddenly he agreed to play in this tournament. After which people started criticizing him and saying that you came forward to lose again, at that time he did not say anything and this time he won the title of Youngest Strongest Man of Gujarat by breaking all the records, he won the gold medal in this tournament .
|Bucket List||to fulfill and live each ever dream I saw and what my heart wants|
|Beverage||Cold Coffee / Mango milk sake|
|Food||Chinese Fried rice, Burger, Pizza toast, Poha, Parathas, Dal fry, Curd, Raita, Fresh Salad, , Egg, Dosa, Rajma chawal|
|Movie||Iron man & Avenger|
|Actor||Shahrukh Khan (SRK), Sushant Singh Rajput (SSR)|
|Actress||Sara Ali Khan , shraddha kapoor|
|Super Model||Sushant Singh Rajput|
|Style icons||Sahil Khan|
|Quotes||woh dus marenge aur mein ek marunga aur mere ek me 10 ki takkat hogi (Sultan)|
|Singer||Arijit Singh, Sukhwinder, Vishal Dadlani|
|Song||Malhari (Bajirao mastani), Kar har maidan Fateh (Sanju), Manja (Kai Po che!)|
|Book||Three mistakes of my life (Chetan Bhagat)|
|Father Name||Pradip Dave (Indian Politician)|
|Mother Name||Kanal Dave (Government Employee)|
|Sister Name (Elder)||Zeel Dave (Engineer)|
Achievements & Awards
🔶 International Power Lifting Champion (2017)
🔶 IHFF Olympia Medalist (2018)
🔶 5 Times Indian National Gold Medalist (2017×2, 2018, 2019, 2020)
🔶 Indian National Record Holder (2020)
🔶 Youngest “Strongman Of Gujarat” at age of 17 Record Holder (2019)
🔶 8 Times Gujarat State Powerlifting Champion (2017-20 × 2)
🔶Overall :- [🥇 Gold – 10 | 🥈 Silver – 4 | 🥉 Bronze – 2 | 🏆 Strongman Trophy – 1]
🔶 Youngest boy who got selected in Powerlifting team India at age of 15
🔶 Youngest to become Strongest Man of Gujarat at age of 17
🔶 Got Globally famous for giving a speech on “Never let your dreams die” on the Global platform TEDx -Ted Talks
🔶 Also got listed his name in the list of Celebrities of Gujarat.
🔶 Have Signed 8 Brands as a Brand Ambassador in 5 years of international career.