Tom Cruise is one of the most popular actor in the world and even today the craze of his films has not diminished among the fans. Apart from acting, he also produces films.
Tom Cruise Biography | Wiki
|Real Name||Thomas Cruise Mapother IV|
|Date Of Birth||3 July 1962|
|Age (As in 2021)
|Weight||68 Kg (150 lbs)|
|Birthplace||Syracuse, New York (USA)|
|Height||5 feet 7 inches OR cm OR 1.7m|
|Hair Colour||Dark Brown|
|Home town||Syracuse, New York|
|Ethnicity||Irish, German & English|
|Food Habit||Non- vegetarian|
|School||Robert Hopkins Public School, Henry Munro Middle School, Glen Ridge High School (he attended 15 schools in 14 years)|
|Educational Qualification||Graduate (Glen Ridge High School, New Jersey)|
|Profession||Actor & Producer|
|Hobbies||Scubadiving, Skydiving & Fencing|
|Net Worth (Up to 2021)||$600 million|
|Debut Film||Endless Love (1981)|
- He was born on 3 July 1962 in Syracuse (New York), his father Thomas Cruise Mapother III was an electrical engineer and his mother Mary Lee was a teacher. He has three sisters named Cass, Marian & Lee Anne. Cruise spent part of his childhood in Canada as his father worked as a defense consultant in the Canadian Armed Forces at that time.
- He had dyslexia in childhood, due to which he could not study, so he used to take a lot of time to read and write. His mother used to help him with homework. During an interview, he had told that due to this disease, he could not write the answers of many questions in the exam and due to this disease he was teased a lot in school, although after many therapy, he got rid of this disease.
- The relationship between the parents of the Tom Cruise was not good due to which his childhood was very dramatic and his childhood was spent in poverty. During an interview, he had revealed that his father had an angry nature and used to beat him up for small mistakes.
- He performed in a drama when he was in the fourth grade and he loved acting so much that he decided to become an actor after finishing school.
- When He was in sixth grade, his parents separated from each other & then his mother took Tom and his sisters back to America. After this his family’s financial condition deteriorated due to which Tom started working from a very young age. He did jobs like grass cutting, paper distributing and selling greeting cards. His mother married Jack South in 1978.
Tom Cruise success story
- At the age of 18, He moved alone to New York to pursue an acting career. At that time he did not have any job, so he worked as a waiter for several months. For about 1.5 years, he gave many auditions but he was rejected every time.
- He played a small role in the 1981 film Endless Love. New York was a very expensive city and due to the paucity of money, he was very disappointed and at that time he lost his waiter job and for a few weeks he was looking for another job, during which he auditioned for the movie Taps. He was cast in the role of a military cadet in the movie Taps. After working in this film, he started getting offers for side character roles.
- Demonstrations were taking place in America against the Vietnam War. There was an atmosphere of hatred among the American people towards their army and country. Due to which the recruitment of the US Army was very low and after this Tom Cruise’s Top Gun film was released in 1986. The film was a super hit and after its release, the recruitment of cadets in the US Navy increased by 500%. After this film, his fan following had increased a lot after that he started getting offers for lead roles.
- In 1988, he starred in Cocktail and was nominated for the Razzie Award for Worst Actor. same year Tom starred with Dustin Hoffman in Rain Man, which won the Academy Award for Best film.
- He played the role of real-life Paralyzed Vietnam War veteran Ron Kovic in the 1989 film Born on the Fourth of July and was awarded the Golden Globe Award for Best Actor- Motion picture Drama for this film. Apart from this, many awards were given to him for this film which is as follows:- the People’s Choice Award for Favorite Motion Picture Actor, the Chicago Film Critics Association Award for Best Actor & his first best actor academy award nomination. Tom had prepared for 1 year to play this type of character. To understand the life of the character of this film, Tom visited many hospitals, apart from this he read many war books and practiced wheelchair handling.
- Tom Cruise is the first Hollywood actor whose five films have collected hundreds of millions in a row which are as follows:- A few good Man (1992), The Firm (1993), Interview with the Vampire (1994), Mission: Impossible (1996), Jerry Maguire (1996). This is not a huge amount for today’s time but in the 90’s it was considered a huge amount.
- He played the role of a super spy Ethan Hunt in the 1996 film Mission Impossible. This film series is very popular all over the world.
Tom Cruise’s Family
|Father Name||Thomas Cruise Mapother III (Electrical Engineer)|
|Step Father Name||Jack South|
|Mother Name||Mary Lee Pfeiffer (Teacher)|
|Sister||Marian Mapother, Cass Mapother, Lee An Mapother|
|Food||Junk Food, pasta, Lobster, Flounder, Strawberries|
|Sport||Wrestling & Football|
|Cars||Bugatti Veyron, Mercedes CLK, Porsche 911, Chevy Chevelle SS|
|Bikes||BMW S 1000 RR, Ducati, Kawasaki Ninja, Vyrus 987 C3 4V|
Personal Life | Girlfriends | Children | Wife
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Hayley Atwell (2021), Cynthia Jorge (2012), Katie Holmes(2005-2012), Sofia vergara (2005), Nazanin Boniadi (2004), Penelope Cruz (2001), Nicole Kidman (1990-2001), Mimi Rogers(1986-1990), Cher(1985-1986), Patti Scialfa(1985), Rebecca De Mornay(1983-1985), Heather Locklear(1982), Melissa Gilbert(1982), Diane Cox(1980)|
|Wife||Katie Holmes(2006-2012), Nicole Kidman (1990-2001), Mimi Rogers (1987-1990)|
|Daughter||Isabella Jane Cruise, Suri Cruise
Some Interesting Facts About Tom Cruise
- Tom Cruise takes great care of his health & takes his chef along with him on movie sets.
- He did not go to the hospital to meet his stepfather (Jack South), his stepfather was suffering from chronic illness and he did not even attend his stepfather’s funeral.
- He doesn’t like to drink alcohol.
- Tom Cruise played the role of a 35 year old sports agent in the movie Jerry Maguire. Initially this film was written for Tom Hanks, later Tom Cruise was approached for this film. Tom Cruise became very emotional after reading the script of this film.
- Tom Cruise is one of those actors who himself performs action scenes in his films. In the movie Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol, he himself performed action sequences on the Burj Khalifa, the tallest building in the world. Apart from this, he himself performed action sequences in Mission Impossible 5 at an altitude of 5000 feet. He learned to fly a helicopter to perform the helicopter action scene in the film Mission Impossible Fallout. The war suit worn by Tom cruise in the film Age of Tomorrow is original, weighing 40 to 50 kg and all the weapons in it are original.
- Initially, Marble was going to make Iron Man film, then at that time Tom Cruise was approached by Marble for this, but Tom Cruise wanted his creative control over this film, so Marvel did not make this film with Tom Cruise, later Robert Downey junior was cast in this film.
- In the film Vanilla Sky, Tom Cruise is seen running on the famous Times Square of New York, in reality Tom Square was evacuated to perform this scene.
- Every cinema lover considers the movie The Shawshank Redemption to be the best. Tom Cruise was initially approached for this film but he refused to work in this film because he did not want to take the risk by working with the new director (Frank Darabont). This was the first film of director Frank Darabont.
- He has not been given a single Oscar award yet. Earlier Tom Cruise used to attend the Oscar Awards show but now he has stopped attending it.
Also Read:- Roman Reigns Biography