Virat Kohli is one of the greatest cricketers in the world and currently he is the captain of Indian cricket team. Virat Kohli’s fitness level is very good and always likes to be fit and therefore his performance is good in every match. He has worked hard to get the position that he is on today. His fitness level is the best among all players.
Virat Kohli Biography | Wiki
|Nick Name||Chiku, The Run Machine, King kohli|
|Real Name||Virat Kohli|
|Date Of Birth||5 November 1988|
|Age ( As in 2021)||32 Years|
|Current Address||DLF City (Phase-1, Block-C, Gurugram)|
|Height||5 feet 9 inches (1.75m)|
|Eye Colour||Dark brown|
|Food Habit||Vegetarian (turned vegetarian in October 2019)|
|School||Vishal Bharti Public School (Delhi), Saviour Convent Senior Secondary School (Delhi)|
|Educational Qualification||11th Standard (He has not completed his schooling. He has only studied up to the eleventh class. He has not completed his twelfth class as he was selected for the Indian under-19 team at that time.)|
|Batting Style||Right Handed Bat|
|Bowling Style||Right-arm medium|
|Hobby||Dancing, Singing, Travelling, Workout|
He is the youngest of his siblings. When he was 3 years old, he would pick up a cricket bat in his hands for the first time. He was raised in Uttam Nagar (West Delhi) and did his early education from Vishal Bharti Public School. He used to play cricket very well since childhood and this talent was seen very closely by the people living in his neighborhood. After this, Virat Kohli’s father got his admission in West Delhi Cricket Academy at the behest of neighbors.
Virat Kohli’s Family
|Mother Name||Saroj Kohli|
|Father Name||Prem Kohli|
|Brother Name||Vikas Kohli|
His father Prem Kohli worked as a criminal lawyer and his mother’s name is Saroj Kohli who is a housewife. His father died on 18 December 2006 due to a stroke at the age of 54.
Virat Kohli’s Favourite Things
|Tv Shows||Homeland, Breaking Bad & Narcos|
|Cricketer||Sachin Tendulkar, ab de villiers , Chris Gayle, M.S Dhoni, David Warner|
|Actor||Aamir Khan, Robert Downey junior|
|Actresses||Genelia D’Souza, Madhuri Dixit, Aishwarya Rai, Katrina kaif|
|Car||Audi, Aston Martin|
|Cricket Ground||Vizag stadium, Adelaide|
|Films||Iron Man, 3 idiots, South paw, Ishq|
|Singer & Musician||Arijit Singh, Eminem|
Virat Kohli’s Cricket Carrier
|Domestic Career Debut (under-15)||October 2002 (Played For Delhi in the 2002–03 Polly Umrigar Trophy)|
|India Under-19 Debut||July 2006 (Played First Series Against England)|
|First Class Debut||November 2006 (Played Against Tamilnadu)|
|International ODI Debut||18 August 2008 (against Sri Lanka at Rangiri Dambulla International Stadium)|
|International T20 Debut||12 June 2010 (against Zimbabwe at Harare Sports Club)|
|International Test Debut||20 June 2011 (against West Indies at Sabina Park)|
|IPL Debut||18 April 2008 ( Against Kolkata Knight Riders at M.Chinnaswamy Stadium)|
|First ODI Century||24th December 2009 (Against Sri lanka)|
|First Test Century||24 January 2012 (Against Australia)|
|Jersey Number||#18 (India, IPL)|
|Favourite Shot||Cover Drive, Reverse scoop, Flick Shot|
|Likes to play against||Pakistan, Sri Lanka & Australia|
Virat Kohli Records List
- He is the first Indian cricketer to score a century in his first World Cup match.
- He broke Ricky Ponting’s record in 2017. Virat Kohli as captain, scored 1460 runs in ODI cricket in 1 year. According to this record, he is the highest scoring captain in the entire world, who has scored the most runs in a calendar year.
- Fastest Indian to complete 1000, 3000, 4000 & 5000 runs in One Day International cricket.
- He is the only Test player who has scored three double centuries in three consecutive Test series. The first double century he scored against New Zealand in which he scored 211, the second double century he scored against England in which he scored 235 runs, the third double century he scored against Bangladesh in which he scored 204 runs.
- He is the third batsman in the world after Don Bradman and Ricky Ponting to have scored three double centuries in a calendar year.
- First Indian batsman to score three consecutives century in ODI cricket.
- He is India’s fastest century batsman and he did this against Australia in Jaipur where he scored a century off 52 balls.
- Fastest Batsman to reach 7500 ODI Runs.
- He scored 235 runs in Test as captain, which is the record for the highest runs scored by an Indian captain in Tests.
- He scored 973 runs in the 2016 IPL, which is the record for the most runs in a single season.
- he also holds the record of most century in IPL in a year.
- Fastest batsman to score 10,000 ODI Runs in just 235 innings.
- He is the only player in the world to score the fastest 19000 runs in international cricket.
- He holds the record for the most runs scored as captain and he made this record against Australia in Bengaluru on 19 January 2020. He scored 11208 runs as a captain. Earlier this record was recorded in the name of M.S Dhoni. Mahendra Singh Dhoni scored 11208 runs in 330 innings as captain.
Virat Kohli’s Personal Life | Wife, Girlfriends, Daughter Name
|Marriage Date||11 December 2017|
|Wife name||Anushka Sharma (Actress)|
|Daughter Name||Vamika (Date Of Birth- 11 January 2021)|
|Ex-Girlfriends||Izabelle Leite , Sarah-Jane Dias, Tamannaah Bhatia, Sanjana, Mansha Bahl|
Anushka Sharma and Virat Kohli met on the set of a shampoo ad. He married to Anushka Sharma in Italy on 11 December 2017 and only a few people were invited to their wedding ceremony. On 11 January 2021, Anushka Sharma gave birth to a daughter and together Virat Kohli and Anushka Sharma named her Vamika.
- He was awarded the Arjuna Award in 2013.
- On 25 September 2018, he was honored with the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award by the President of India.
- He was honored with the Padma Shri award by the President of India in March 2017.
Virat Kohli Cars Collection
The following cars are included in Virat Kohli’s collection:- The Audi RS 5 coupe, Bentley Mulsanne, Range Rover vogue, Audi R8 V10, Audi R8 LMX, Audi Q8, Audi Q7, Audi S6,W12 Quattro, Toyota Fortuner.
Some Interesting Facts About Virat Kohli
- He is the first Indian cricketer OR celebrity to have more than 100 million followers on Instagram.
- Virat Kohli’s father wanted to see his son playing for India but he died on 18 December 2006 at the age of 54, when Virat Kohli was playing a Ranji match against Karnataka.
- In an interview, Virat Kohli revealed that he had played a match for his team the next day after his father’s death and he had scored 90 runs but he was dismissed due to the umpire’s wrong decision. After this match, he cremated his father.
- In 2008, when he was selected for the Sri Lanka Tour, he felt that he would be sitting in the reserve and he would not get a chance but Virender Sehwag got injured and the opening batsman was vacated, then Virat Kohli got a chance to play his first match and he scored 12 runs in this match.
- In 2009, he made his first ODI century while playing against Sri Lanka and Gautam Gambhir was not out for 150 in that innings. Man of the Match award was given to Gautam Gambhir after the match but Gautam Gambhir gave this award to Virat Kohli.
- In 2017, he announced that he will not promote any brand that causes health damage, he took this decision in view of the younger generation.
- Virat Kohli’s nick name is Chiku and he got the name from the Academy but the name came in the news when Mahendra Singh Dhoni addressed Virat Kohli as Chiku on the stamp mic during a match.
- During the 2011–12 Australia Tour, when the big batsmen were unable to score, he made his first Test century.