Dr Vikas Divyakirti is a well known teacher, author and ex-civil service officer. He is always in discussion on YouTube and his videos are an inspiration for millions of people today.
Dr Vikas Divyakirti Biogarphy | Wikipedia
|Real Name||Dr. Vikas Divyakirti|
|Date Of Birth||26 December 1973|
|Age (as in 2022)||48 Years|
|Height||5 feet 5 inches OR 165cm OR 1.65m|
|Home town||Haryana, India|
|School||Saraswati Shishu Mandir (Haryana, India)|
|Profession||Lecturer, Ex-Civil Service Officer, Author, Founder Of Drishti IAS|
Dr Vikas Divyakirti was born on 26 December 1973 in Haryana and was brought up there. His parents were professors of Hindi literature at Delhi University. He did his early studies from Saraswati Shishu Mandir (Haryana, India) and later joined Delhi University for higher education. He did his BA Honors in History from Delhi University, he changed the subject of history to Hindi literature and completed his studies of MA, MPhil and PhD. Apart from this, he also studied MA from Sociology.
Due to financial problems, he started his career as a teacher, at that time he was 24 years old, although at that time he was studying PhD from Delhi University. many of his friends were preparing for the civil service and at the behest of the friend, he also started preparing for the civil service. In 1996, he appeared for the Civil Services examination for the first time and was successful in his first attempt Although he could not get the post of IAS, his first posting was in the Ministry of Home Affairs but he did not want to join this job. On the persuasion of his parents, he joined this job, but he was still preparing for the civil service for the IAS post.
After working for some time, he resigned from this job, when his parents came to know about this, they got very angry with him. His parents told Dr Vikas Divyakirti that it is not appropriate for you and this family to leave this job, after which he joined the job again with the oath that he would leave this job after 6 months. His plan was successful. During these 6 months, he convinced his parents and resigned after working for 1 year.
A day after resigning from the job, he went to Delhi University for an interview, but there he was asked for a Releaving letter, about which he was not aware. He contacted the Ministry of Home Affairs for the Releaving letter, but it took 20 months for the Ministry of Home Affairs to issue this letter. During these 20 months, he himself started teaching, during which he established Drishti IAS in 1999.
|Educational Qualification||BA(History) From Delhi university, MA (Hindi Literature and Sociology), M.Phil (Hindi), Ph.D (Hindi), LLB, Postgraduate in English to Hindi translation, Management Course from IIT Delhi|
- Dr Vikas Divyakirti has studied from his schooling to BA Honors in English medium.
Dr Vikas Divyakirti UPSC Rank | Marksheet
1st Attempt Marks
|Prelims Marks||78 Questions were correct|
|Mains Marks||347 marks in Hindi & 243 marks in sociology|
2nd Attempt Marks
|Prelims Marks||219 Marks in sociology out of 600|
|Mains marks||could not pass the exam|
- He passed the prelims exam of UPSC at the age of 21.5 years.
- Dr Vikas Divyakirti gave 4 attempts of UPSC exam in which he appeared 4 times in mains exam and appeared in 3 interviews.
- He had cleared the UPSC exam in his first attempt but gave 3 more attempts to top the UPSC exam.
- Dr Vikas Divyakirti had chosen Philosophy subject in his last attempt but that year he had to face problem in GS subject. After the fourth attempt, he was bored with the UPSC exam and after that he founded Drishti IAS, at that time he was 24 years old.
- After the establishment of Drishti IAS, when he was 29 years old, he felt that he should give UPSC exam again, for this he consulted his old IAS and IPS friends and again gave UPSC exam but Due to some personal reasons, he could not get selected. That year he had scored 323 marks in Hindi literature.
- His first duty after passing the civil Service examination was in the Home Ministry.
|Father Name||Name Not Known (Professor at Delhi university)|
|Mother Name||Name Not Known (Professor at Delhi university)|
Wife Name | Personal Life | Relationship | Children
|Wife Name||Dr. Taruna Verma (MD At Drishti IAS)|
|Son Name||Satwik Divyakirti|
- When he was pursuing his PhD, he falls in love with Taruna Verma and today Dr. Taruna Verma is his religious wife. His wife hails from Bihar state
Some Interesting Facts About Dr Vikas Divyakirti
- During one of his classes sir told that when he was giving prelims exam for the first time there was no negative marking and when he appeared in the exam he knew the answer of only 20 question but he saw previous 10 years previous paper And most of the answers to the question were option c. So first of all he solved 20 questions and rechecked the option of those 20 questions then it turns out that in 20 questions, the answer to 8 questions is option c, so sir filled option c to answer the rest of the question. At that time 35 questions should have been correct to clear prelims but sir got 78 questions correct and sir cleared prelims in his first attempt.
- When he started preparing for Civil Services, he kept the first subject as Public Administration, but after studying this subject for three months, he changed the subject to History because he had studied Honors in History from Delhi University. After studying history for three consecutive months, he again changed his subject to sociology, although he had filled the form of the prelims exam with history. At that time the last date of prelims was left so he filled the second form of prelims with sociology as he did not like to study history at that time.
- He had to fill 2 forms for the prelims exam because he was enjoying studying sociology more than history. He was afraid that because of filling 2 forms, his admit card would not come but he had got 2 admit cards. He had changed his address and photo at the time of filling the form.
- Dr Vikas Divyakirti chose Sociology subject for Prelims Exam and he chose Sociology and Hindi Literature for Mains Exam.
- Dr Vikas Divyakirti’s favorite subject at number one is Philosophy, at number two is Sociology and at number three is Hindi Literature.
- Dr Vikas Divyakirti went to London as his first foreign trip.
- He first taught Hindi literature as a teacher, at that time he was 24 years old.
- Dr Vikas Divyakirti has paid a lot of attention to the students of Hindi literature from the beginning, you will be surprised to know that most of the students who succeed in Hindi literature are from Drishti IAS.
- He has also written a book named Nibandh Drishti.
- He has a YouTube channel named Drishti IAS which he started in the year 2017.